Wednesday 9 December 2020

2020: terrible and difficult year indeed

We are now in December. The final month of this terrible and difficult year. 2020. 

Has everybody still have 2020 vision? For me, probably not. Not in the slightest.

At the start of this year, we had an vision for 2020 alongside our own personal goals and plans. 

For me I had got everything planned for 2020, having more achievements in my life. Such as having a job and going on holiday to one or two places (I had two countries on my mind that I wanted to visit: Belgium and Lebanon which I made up not to go ahead with it because of Covid). 

Then out of nowhere, coronavirus cases in first 3 months reported many parts of the world. China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, etc.  It had happened like a wildfire. Every nation going into lockdown, the economy being severely impacted (huge job losses) and gone into an recession. 

The pandemic didn’t just affected our normal lives, it became a thing that we got to get used to and we have for last couple of months from late January this year to now (present day). Wearing a face mask every time when out and about. Following social distancing rules in order to stay safe and protecting ourselves from the virus. 

As I speak, the Covid 19 vaccine (8th December 2020) have started yesterday  for elderly and vulnerable people & NHS frontline workers in the UK. Historic day which is a first step towards getting our lives back to the things that we used to have. Normal. It has affected all areas of our lives. 

Given the pandemic is the primary problem for us humans whether we live in the world, that is why we all experience very difficult times throughout this year 2020, as for secondary problems, we all experienced different sort of problems: financial, personal, social, political, health, economic, etc. Even with anxieties and health worries including PTSD. One thing I am know for sure is that I do not live in fear and that I don’t have to worry about it. Other than making sure that I am safe and protecting myself from Covid. 

I have managed myself okay during the Covid crisis alongside with my family. I wear a mask daily & following a social distancing rules in order to protect myself. I also keep my mind sane just to not focusing on the current affairs (news) regarding Covid and being fearless by not having to be afraid. 

One thing I know for sure is that we won’t be wearing face mask and social distancing forever. All I can say is hang on, we will be at the end of the tunnel now that we govt the Covid vaccine. As we are already adjusted to the “New Normal” with social distancing and face masks in place. 

2020 will be the year that we will remember the times when the  Covid pandemic disrupted our lives around the world. Also the events have happened this year. Like Racism (especially with the death of George Floyd in the US), police brutality in countries like the US and  Nigeria, the US Presidential Election and Brexit. 

So as we are getting ready for Christmas season, 2020 is the worst year ever & that the year will not be the year that I want to remember. I dunno about you but 2020 have not been a great year & because of that, I don’t have 2020 vision for this year as it will end in next couple of weeks. 


2020: Worst year ever 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage