Saturday 13 March 2021

I visited three out of BBC 50 places to see before you die travel list

Few months ago I watched something interesting programme on demand (which is available on BBC Iplayer). It was on my TV. 

BBC 2002 programme. “50 places to see before you die”. youtu.be youtu.be youtu.be 

I haven’t seen it before until I watched in late last year 2020 in December. 

Here are the list of BBC’s own travel list of 50 places to see before you die based on the TV programme when it was broadcasted nearly 20 years ago in 2002. I selected any places that I have visited in bold. 

  1. The Grand Canyon, USA 
  2. Great Barrier Reef, east coast of Queensland, Australia 
  3. Florida and Walt Disney, USA Been there in 2012 and 2013 with my mum & my brothers. Two times. I would love to visit Orlando, Florida, USA again.
  4. South Island, New Zealand 
  5. Cape Town and Table Mountain, South Africa
  6. Golden Temple at Amritsar, Punjab, India
  7. Las Vegas, Nevada
  8. Sydney, Australia 
  9. New York
  10. Taj Mahal
  11. Canadian Rockies
  12. Uluru (Ayers Rock), Australia 
  13. Chichen Itza, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
  14. Machu Picchu, Peru 
  15. Niagara Falls
  16. Petra, Jordan
  17. The Pyramids, Cairo
  18. Venice 
  19. Maldives, Indian Ocean, 450 miles SW of Sri Lanka
  20. Great Wall of China
  21. Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
  22. Hong Kong
  23. Yosemite National Park
  24. Hawaii
  25. Auckland, New Zealand 
  26. Iguassu Falls, Argentina and Brazil 
  27. Paris Been there. I visited Paris, France in 2019 all by me independently. It was short days as I was there for three days. I wish that I could had stayed there that long. I would love to return to visit Paris again. Hopefully for more than 3 days. 
  28. Alaska
  29. Angkor Wat, Cambodia 
  30. Nepal, Himalayas
  31. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 
  32. Masai Mara, Kenya
  33. Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
  34. Luxor, Egypt
  35. Rome 
  36. San Francisco
  37. Barcelona Been there. My first solo holiday. I visited Barcelona, Spain in 2018 & I stayed there for a week. 7 days. I wish I could had stayed for another week which I originally wanted to stay for two weeks. My father persuaded me that since it’s my first ever holiday trip as an independent traveller & holidaymaker, it was not possible for me to stayed in Barcelona for 2 weeks so that’s how I enjoyed myself, sightseeing around Barcelona. I would definitely want to come back to Barcelona given i enjoyed eating a Spanish cuisine & Paella. 
  38. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  39. Singapore 
  40. La Digue, Seychelles, 1000 miles E of Kenya.
  41. Sri Lanka, S of India
  42. Bangkok, Thailand 
  43. Barbados, 100 miles E of the Caribbean chain
  44. Iceland
  45. Terracotta Army, Xi’an, China
  46. Zermatt, Switzerland
  47. Angel Falls, Venezuela
  48. Abu Simbel, Egypt
  49. Bali, in the Indonesian archipelago
  50. French Polynesia (Bora Bora), 165 miles NW of Tahiti


drbexl.co.uk 


Since it was aired on Television in 2002, BBC hadn’t done any updates which it could been a fantastic idea to do so as we are in the age of social media. The digital age. BBC used to have Holiday (UK long running TV programme) from 1969 to 2007. It was a travel review programme when it was broadcasted on BBC One & BBC Two.


Nowadays, BBC has a weekly show called The Travel Show & has been on air since 2014.


So I am happy to see that places (landmarks & tourist attractions), cities & countries have been listed on the BBC 2002 list of 50 places to see before you die. So basically, it is a bucket list for travel. 


Now at the present time, it is not really possible now under the pandemic (the coronavirus pandemic). I am hopeful and confident that once Covid is in low infection or has completely been eradicated in the future (marking the end of the pandemic) then everything is possible. Going on holiday/vacation like we used to (before Covid 19). Soon, there will be a vaccine passport (or health passport) for any travellers to visit country in the world for holiday (vacation), study, work or other purposes. It will be like yellow fever travel certificate. Let’s remember that it will be temporary. Not permanent. In fact, I will write a blog post regarding vaccine passport for another time. 


For me, even if Covid is going to cause more infections anywhere in the world, I wouldn’t bother to go anywhere aboard & that would be a risk to my safety so the only option is staycation (domestic travel). I haven’t yet decide whether I would go anywhere. The way, I see it, it will not be possible for go anywhere overseas. 


Lastly, as I visited 3 places out of BBC 2002 travel list “50 places to see before you die”. Barcelona, Florida and Paris. I guess I am left with 47 places to visit. πŸ™‚✈️πŸ›«πŸπŸ—Ί


Although I do not have to visit all 47 places but it would be wonderful for me to do so if I have enough money & maybe a travel blog for me to do this as a full time. Working as an travel blogger/vlogger/content creator/digital nomand. 


I have a desire that I would love to visit travel destinations in terms of cities, countries, landmarks & tourist attractions. 


I would love to visit: New York, Singapore, Dubai, Rome, Hawaii, Rio, Hong Kong, Taj Mahal, Cairo, Bangkok, Sydney, Las Vegas, Cape Town, Ayers Rock, Great Wall of China and the Grand Canyon. 16 places listed on BBC “50 places to see before you die” travel list. These are my dream travel destinations that I would love to make it happen if opportunity does arise to see the world. Marvellous way to enjoy life. 


So yeah, I only visited Florida, Paris and Barcelona. I could had visited more when I was a kid. Although I didn’t had a opportunity to go anywhere outside the UK except South Africa only which unfortunately that would had been great if I had a UK passport, not just SA passport despite being born in the UK. I didn’t had a UK one until I was a teenager. Anyways that is for another time. 


So happy travels to any of my readers who are travellers. Either for pleasure or work. Either way, this blog post is an very interesting blog post about travel & the future of travel post Covid


Now I will listen to Frank Sinatra song “ Come fly with me”. πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ™‚πŸ›«


No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage