Thursday 24 June 2021

Conservatorship is holding Britney Spears back

Regardless whether you listen to Britney Spears songs or not, there is something that is standing her way. Conservatorship and why is it holding her back. 

google.co.uk google.co.uk 

What is conservatorship? Here is an definition of the word. 

Conservatorship is the appointment of a guardian or a protector by a judge to manage the financial affairs and/or daily life of another person due to old age or physical or mental limitations. A person under conservatorship is a “conservatee”, a term that refer to an adult. So in other words, it is like guardianship. 

Well unfortunately that is not the case with Britney Spears’s conservatorship as it is indeed split into two parts: Her financial affairs and estate and her conservator is the father of the pop star (Britney Spears). Jamie Spears. 

The reason why conservatorship is holding Britney Spears back is because she is not free. She does not have freedom and that it’s like that she cannot make decisions for herself. What Britney told the court in Los Angles, California, USA confirmed it. 

This is her exact words. 

"My father loved the control to hurt his own daughter 100,000%. He loved it."

"Ma’am, I’m not here to be anyone’s slave.”

"Ma’am, my dad and anyone involved in this conservatorship and my management who played a key role in punishing me — ma’am, they should be in jail."

"I’m depressed. I want changes and I want changes going forward. I deserve changes.”

“I’ve been in denial. I’ve been in shock. I am traumatized,”

“I just want my life back.”

You can read more of the transcript of Britney addressing to the LA court. google.co.uk 

It is clear to me that Britney Spears’s will is being violated. Violated against her will. Being forced to do things that she doesn’t want to & not allowing her to do what she wants to do. Like having more children since she is the mother of two. 

Earlier this year, I watched the documentary “Framing Britney Spears” produced by the New York Times. That really proves that Britney Spears really needs to be free of control (Conservatorship) from her father Jamie.

Look, she (Britney Spears) is a human being like all of us. Yes, we all know what really happened to her when she did had a breakdown in 2007 & being chased & followed by paparazzi. Her being taken to mental health hospital in 2008. All of that, resulted her to be in the awkward & frustrating situation that she is in today (conservatorship) by Jamie Spears. Some say that it has “saved” her & her music career as an recording artist. Well I say, that might be the case but to not have a freedom & not being able to do what you want to do in life and career, that is not really fair on the “Hit Me Baby One Time” singer. 

Guys, Britney Spears is under control. For the last 13 years, she have been under control & still is under control and that is conservatorship? It’s such a shame that practice only exists in the United States because that can be abused and manipulated systemically. Thank god that we don’t have that in The UK or mainland Europe or anywhere in the world. 

On final note, regarding fame, it is not easy when celebrities, public figures & famous people do struggle in their own lives given their lives are way different than us ordinary people. But they are human beings too and that we do make mistakes and own it. This Conservatorship stuff, I really do not understand this at all. For someone who is non American (myself), I would never want that sort of that to ever exist in the UK or anywhere in the world because it is not a proper guardianship. With the case of Britney Spears’s case, it’s not a truly a proper guardianship. Even if she (Britney) do happen to have a mental health issues, does it justify for taking her human rights and freedom away? Noo!!! Absolutely not. Spears is right to say that she feels like a slave & it is very sad.

I really hope and pray that Britney’s conservatorship should be ended sooner or lately. Given for years, Britney Spears have been quietly wanting to end Conservatorship for years & that she have not spoken publicly until yesterday. 

It is really violation of her rights. Human rights. So because of that, Britney Spears has got my support & that I am on “Free Britney” side. Free Britney. Free Britney Spears. 🎢🎡

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage