Monday 13 September 2021

My rant on GP E consult

This is a rant & today I am going to rant on e consult. I don’t often rant on things unless it happened in my personal life. For the sake of it, I will not publicly disclose anything because of safety and confidential reasons. 

It is I am not impressed with my local GP. A month ago I recall talking about it on my previous blog. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 

Here is why

My disabled brother who is non verbal, has autism spectrum disorder, severe learning disability/difficulty, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and challenging behaviour, was admitted to the hospital for 4 days. Two weeks ago. By then, my brother was feeling unwell. Luckily, he was getting better & being discharged from the hospital 11 days ago (almost two weeks ago). Feeling much better and that his health have improved despite we (myself, the carer, my two younger brothers, my dad & my mum) had to come to terms that he (my brother) is diabetic (type 1) & that he was feeling poorly & losing energy. 

The reason: Neglect from GP due to the e consult (e consultation). There were not being there for my brother for the help he needed. I said before in my previous blog, this is life or death matter. I was very disgusted with my GP local surgery for not being helpful with the e consult. 

I know the carer had took him to the hospital for a blood test prior to two weeks ago (my brother’s health which had deteriorated) to figure out why was really going on with his health despite he (my brother) is fit and active. My disabled brother feeling unwell & losing energy in his system had contributed to his diagnosis as diabetic & that it did affected his mobility. Thank god that I thanked the Lord for saving my brother. When he was taken by the paramedics to the hospital, I cried with tears in eyes. I did. It was heartbreakingly sad. 

Even in my mum’s family side, my grandma is also diabetic & my dad’s family side which my dad’s sister (my aunt) is diabetic. 

Because of the Covid pandemic, my local GP as of last year March 2020 had gone from being walk in premises to appointment only building. 

Although throughout the summer while Covid rates are down in England, when my brother started to become unwell (some point last month in August), my GP surgery was not being so helpful in terms of allowing the patient to see the doctor for emergency reasons. Other than just filling in e consult (GP e consult - e consultation). Not calling GP to book an appointment to see the doctor by walk in or call. 

Before Covid, it wasn’t always the case. Me, mum & the carer was not happy with GP for not being there for Mbulelo & that’s how it happened. 

Of course, no GP would want anyone who could potentially be having Covid 19 symptoms but doing e consult stuff really serves no purpose at all. What’s the point of having a GP if no one is able availably to see the doctor about his/her health & well being? It makes zero senses. 

& there was some questions that was awfully stupid on E consult. 

At least in the end, the doctor at my GP had responded to the situation of my brother’s health at the time before going for blood test & eventually being diagnosed with diabetes. 

I also didn’t appreciated when paramedics, nurses & doctors were saying things that were not conclusive whilst doing a test. Covid (despite he is fully vaccinated), TB (Tuberculosis), Epilepsy & Leukaemia whilst my brother who is vulnerable, was at the hospital.

So that is my rant on GP e consult. 

While my brother was at the hospital, I didn’t feel that it would be appropriate for me to talk about until he was getting better (which he had recovered and being discharged from the hospital). 

Diabetes and anaemia that had contributed to my brother feeling unwell. 

Now he will now not eat & drink anything that is unhealthy. Anything from drinks that has sugar (Coca cola) = fizzy drinks to snacks like ice creams, sweets (candy) and chocolates. Now that he is diabetic.

And as for GP, next time if that happens again with neglect & not helping anyone for emergency (my brother is the example as I have talked about in my today’s blog), I would filled in an complaint to them & maybe stop attending to GP surgery from appointments to collecting prescriptions. I wouldn’t want to do that. GP have to be there for anybody. Covid 19 is not going anyway soon as we already come to terms to live with it. Gradually, I hope GP e consult should be discontinued especially that I have explained to you my readers about my story in my own personal life, highlighting why e consult is really a disadvantage. Not an advantage. It really remind me of my Spanish online friend who has anorexia, didn’t get a treatment due to the pandemic & GP surgeries ceased to be “walk in” centres on premises. That’s why I am no fan of e consult.

Rant over 




No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage