Sunday 21 November 2021

Unbearable flight plane air pressure: Use earplug to protect your hearing

Do you ever get the feeling when you are on the plane regardless of how many hours (long or short) and then your hearing went deaf temporarily? 

Well that had happened to me once. 

Here is my story: One day in 2012, I aboard the flight from London Gatwick airport to Orlando Sanford airport with my mother & my two younger brothers & that we aboard on the UK airline (Monarch Airlines now defunct as of 2017). I was excited for the first time that I am going to visit the United States of America (as my American dream of visiting the US became true) and that it was my first time of me travelling outside the UK in 8 years (since 2004 when I last went on holiday/vacation when I visited South Africa). It was also a first time that I used my British passport outside the UK for travel purposes. 

Upon arriving at Orlando after 9 hours on the plane, my hearing went deaf. Temporarily deaf. Apart from watching the film on the screen to me listening to music on my iPod (iPod classic), I just couldn’t believe all of the sudden, I became deaf. I was very shocked and that I worried that I could become deaf permanently as the result of hearing loss. I even tried to figure out how to get my hearing back as it affected my eardrum. Particularly the fact that the plane flight air pressure noises went through both of my ears. I wished I had noticed it but I haven’t. If I had the earplugs with me, I wouldn’t have to suffer the painful and unbearable air cabin pressure whilst being on the plane for many hours since the UK and the US is five hours apart across the Atlantic.  

Luckily, the next day at the hotel in Orlando, Florida, USA, my hearing was restored after hours of me being deaf and I was glad it was temporary. As the result of it, I made a decision that when I do travel on the plane, I would bring a earplug. So because of me not wanting to be deaf again, I bought the earplugs at the airport shop when myself and my close family were making our way back home to the UK after two weeks of holiday (vacation) trip in the States. 

Since then I always bring a earplug (which I call earplanes) each time when I travelled aboard via plane. The following year 2013 & 2014 & 2018 were the examples that I used a earplane. Earplane plug when I visited Orlando again in 2013, South Africa in 2014 and Spain in 2018. 

I even bought the white earplug at the airport three years ago as I forgotten to take the blue earplug that I purchased in the US 6 years prior to my first solo holiday trip to Barcelona, Spain in 2018. Knowing i didn’t wanted to go through the agonising experience again of me being deaf again. Even the flight from Luton to Barcelona airport is two hours. So for that, I didn’t had a experience again. 

So that is my story about my experience of plane flight air pressure. I highly recommend to you my readers to consider taking a earplug when travelling on the plane whatever the destination you are going to. Long or short. The best thing about earplug is when it does protect you from harsh noises on the plane and it can help inflight ear discomfort. 

It is safe, comfortable and disposable. Also it is satisfactory with earplug around you when wearing it on the plane and off the plane. ✈️

If you have been using a earplug for long time like myself, you know that you are doing it to protect your hearing and your ears. That is why I see earplug as the best prevention way to be comfortably safe from air pressure noises. 

So it is your choice if you do wish to buy it at the shop in airport or even online. They are soft, hypoallergenic latex free silicone and it does not matter whether the colour is white or blue. 

After all, it is your choice. If you are going to need a earplug, place your earplug both of your ears. Make sure it does not fall from your ears especially if you are not placing it in the right way. 

Use a earplug to protect your hearing. 👂 

That is all I can say about the unbearable plane flight air pressure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage