Thursday 16 December 2021

Update on TFL funding crisis

Short blog post with a update


Since I first talked about TFL funding crisis due to the impact of covid, the grace period have been extended to Saturday 18th December. 

However the government really got to get a grip & just provide Transport For London a long term deal. No more of short term deals and no more of using public transport as a political football while behaving as if they do not want to strike a deal with Sadiq Khan (London Mayor) & TFL to help them financially. They (the govt) got to stop playing games.

I will repeat as I previously mentioned on my previous blog post that it is time that TFL gets more money for long term post pandemic without anymore expiry dates. Once it will affect the likelihood of tube train drivers & bus drivers. 

I hope and pray that there will be a deal between the government and Mayor of London with long term funding & keeping money a float so that it will not affect all of us (passengers, staff members & drivers alike) who do go on public transport in London for work, study, shopping, seeing family/friends and exploration for fun (& tourism). I say as a train lover knowing that I would hate to see TFL go out of business. 


So that is all I can say for this moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage