Saturday 14 May 2022

Barnet is now Labour

​Last few weeks, I recall talking about the local elections in the UK. Local council elections that were held in England, Scotland and Wales. Also the Stormont election in Northern Ireland & local council elections in Greater London. 

I talked about only one London Borough that was going through the wind of the change & that is London Borough of Barnet.

Last week’s election in Barnet was an referendum on Capita not just the Barnet Conservatives. I did say watch this space & that confirmed what I was saying in my previous blog post. The Tories didn’t had a good local council election results in Britain. England, Wales and Scotland. Lost many councillors all because of the partygate scandal & the unpopularity of Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

So I am happy to say as Barnet resident, I am glad that the Tories are no longer in charge of Barnet. Barnet is now Labour. 🌹

I knew the days were near for the Barnet Tories given Barnet have been Conservative for very long time. 20 years of Conservative control. No other political party have governed Barnet rather than the Conservatives since it’s creation in 1964 except only one time when it was NOC under Labour and Liberal Democrat between 1994 and 2002. 

Now I can relax easily especially after my experience with Capita 6 years ago when it was under Conservative administration regarding the 2016 freedom pass fiasco. Since Barnet Tories have lost Barnet to Labour, I have been singing the song last week. It goes like this. It’s famous song that has been used in sports. Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye. A song for Capita 😅🎵🎶 https://youtu.be/jsaTElBljOE 

Now my friend Roger of the Barnet Eye blog (who was running for the Barnet council seat in Mill Hill as Lib Dem candidate) released a song couple of years ago called Kick Out Capita Now it’s time that Capita’s desk is to be cleared out. 

And lastly, Broken Barnet blogger known as “Mrs  Angry” had written blog post prior to last week’s council election in Barnet & I believed her blog post was the comprehensive blog post that I ever came across regarding the local politics in Barnet. Read more about her blog post For the past two local elections, I took part of exercising my democratic duty to vote in 2014 and 2018 local elections. The third one (last week’s election) which I took part was life changing & history making election. This is something that everybody will remember it for many years to come. After all, the victory of 2022 local election in Barnet was everyone who are residents in Barnet including myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage