Saturday 30 April 2022

2022 Barnet Council election: Referendum on Capita

This Thursday, local elections are taking place across the UK. 


This election scheduled for 5th May 2022 is very important one. This will be my third time of participating at local council election in London Borough of Barnet. 


Some of you may know this if you do happen to live here in Barnet that the Barnet council election is an referendum on Capita. In November last year I wrote a blog post whether is indeed the end of Capita in Barnet or should I say Crapita.


So for that, I will give my vote to any candidates that are not Conservatives. 


My vote will go to my friend who is Barnet Eye blogger and currently running for Liberal Democrat candidate. Roger Tichborne. 


Recently I messaged him to say that I’ll vote for him again like I did in 2018. This is my message to him in the following.


4 years ago when you did interviewed me for my story about the 2016 freedom pass story while you were running for the seat in Barnet Council, I have been always wanting to return the favour by either we could do a song together or that I could interview you, etc. That could be anything good for me to return the favour as I always thanked you for publishing it on your blog 6 years ago. 


Because of that, I gave my vote to you and your fellow candidates (Richard & Donna). 


Now I will return the favour again and you are going to get my vote for second time Roger. 😀🙂regardless whether you’ll win or not win. 


Despite we have something in common regarding politics and different parties as I am Labour voter 🌹(in all elections except 2018 council election when I voted for you, Donna & Richard) & you are Lib Dem member & voter. 🟨 Nowadays it’s not much important whether the voter is Labour, Lib Dem or Green or any party (even Tory despite I am no fan of them) & I don’t see Labour vs Tory vs Green vs Lib Dem, etc. 


This year’s council election is the “May the best candidates  win” election so yeah. I am going to vote for you again like 4 years ago. Good luck to you my friend, Richard & Donna. 😀🙂


I could vote for them again (Donna & Richard or one of two). 


Also the election is an referendum on Barnet Tories’s partnership with private outsourcing firm Capita & themselves.  So it is us Barnet residents against Capita regardless of what political party we voted for. Except i know for sure I won’t give my vote to them. 😀🙂


Read more on my experience with Capita relating to the 2016 Barnet freedom pass scandal & read my friend’s blog post that was published last month about how it did happened in Barnet 6 years ago.


Also Roger if you are reading this, I would like to thank you for mentioning me on your other blog post last month I believe you’ll make a difference if you are elected councillor. Just as you are making a difference on your blog. Thank you my friend. 


And now I have made up my mind that I will also give my vote to Richard Logue & Donna Pickup.


Mill Hill ward. My votes will go to both you Richard & Donna.


I have already made up my mind that originally I was going to vote Labour (at least two candidates that includes Roger’s niece) and that I changed my mind. So I will vote the same way like I did in 2018. Giving a vote to Donna & Richard. 🗳 Imagine if Labour had won Mill Hill Council ward then it would had been possible for me to give my vote to them giving mostly particularly on general elections, my vote is always Labour but when it comes to local council election, it’ll be Liberal Democrat. That’s not to say I done voting & supporting Labour completely. It is that I have to think realistically of who could win the ward that I live in (Mill Hill) and because of that, I concluded that although I am not Lib Dem voter or supporter, I’ll give my vote to them for a second time. Look up at 1994 Barnet council election. Lib Dems won three seats in Mill Hill. It is possible that they could win again. We’ll find out on the day after Election Day (Friday 6th May 2022). 


And lastly, I would want to see Labour winning this year’s council election because it is pretty clear due to the recent news headlines & the partygate scandal, I know in my opinion it is going to be awful election results for the Tories. & if that does happen then it is going to be matter of time before Boris Johnson is no longer the Prime Minister & the Conservative leader. Just watch this space. After all he is the worst PM ever ever in the UK. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage