Sunday 7 March 2021

Fela Kuti being nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2021

mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 


t.co 


vote.rockhall.com 


Couple of months ago, I wrote a blog post about Afrobeats that originate from West Africa (Nigeria & Ghana). πŸ‡¬πŸ‡­πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬


Now as of couple of weeks ago, there is an nomination for a vote for music artists who is well known (internationally known) & legend on Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2021. On the list of musicians, singers and bands who are nominated are Fela Kuti, Tina Turner, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, the Go Go’s, Carloe King, Todd Rudegren, Devo, Dionne Warwick, Rage Against The Machine, Chaka Khan, Kate Bush, Mary J. Blige, New York Dolls, LL Cool J and Jay Z. 


Out of the 16 music nominations for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Fela Kuti and Tina Turner are both mostly nominated. The voting closes in April so please hurry up if you want to vote. My recommendation is vote for Afrobeat Pioneer Fela Kuti. 


Why? 


This can give Afrobeat more popularity significantly as it is popular outside Nigeria & West Africa. In the few years, thanks to the Internet and Nollywood, Afrobeats have been popular in the West (America, Britain, Europe) & anywhere in the world. 


I have a father who is from Nigeria & he grow up listening to Fela Kuti music when he (Fela) was around despite not being internationally known except mainly being popular in Africa. I listened to Kuti songs when I was a small boy. My dad would often play songs of Fela Kuti on CD whilst driving the car & I haven’t heard of any Kuti song again until 2015 (which brought back my memory of listening to Fela Kuti songs including the song “Zombie” which is my favourite song). 


I know a friend of mine who has a CD of Fela Kuti as I gave to him as the gift couple of years ago. My friend who is an blogger (Roger of the Barnet Eye).


Fela Kuti was an icon. Legend. James Brown of Africa. For me, I think of Fela Kuti as Bob Marley of Africa, Bob Dylan of Africa or John Lennon of Africa. I wish his music had toppled the music charts in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the United Kingdom & European countries. 


I am aware that he had performed outside Nigeria like performing here in the UK for example despite back then, Afrobeats wasn’t popular. 


Only Reggae & Bob Marley were popular in the 70s as it was gaining popularity internationally. Music genre from Jamaica. Nowadays, it’s music genre from Africa. West Africa = Afrobeats. πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡¬πŸ‡­πŸ‡―πŸ‡²


So if you don’t know anything about the pioneer of Afrobeats who played a saxophone, then check out the facts & sources about Fela.  πŸŽ· πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅

blackamericaweb.com 


informationng.com


gq-magazine.co.uk 


trinitylaban.ac.uk 


amp.theguardian.com 

 

en.m.wikipedia.org 


I recommend that you listen to Fela Kuti tunes. So yeah, vote for Fela Kuti for the nomination of the 2021 Rock and Roll hall of fame so that he can finally be on the list with other incredible music legends. πŸ™‚


No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage