Wednesday 24 March 2021

The Edgware Railway Hotel: Long neglected pub

Hi everybody 

I want to tell you something. Something local from where I live in the London Borough of Barnet. 

As I grow up in Barnet most of my life, for while ago now I have been reading my friend’s blog posts (Roger = Barnet Eye blogger) regarding the pub in Edgware that has been badly neglected for years. The Railway Hotel. 

Here are two recent blog posts by Roger about the Railway Hotel pub in Edgware.

barneteye.blogspot.com 

barneteye.blogspot.com 

I know the place very well as I have been to Edgware. Although I never went inside the place, I really wondered what was the reason for the Railway Hotel pub to be closed in 2006 due to not reaching health and safety standards apparently and not done something to secure, renovate and reopen the place? It has been 16 years. 16 years since the pub in Edgware was shut. 

Why is Barnet Council not doing anything to save the Edgware Railway Hotel have been badly neglected for many years? It is very unacceptable for the local authority to not care about the pub in Edgware by restoring back to its former glory. Also, why is Historic England not doing something about it either? Since it is indeed listed as a Grade II listed building by Historic England. Non departmental public body. 

Furthermore, Mark Amies (@Superfast72) & Roger Tichborne (@Barneteye) have been campaigning to save the railway hotel for several years & I hope that can continue until something is done for Barnet Council & Historic England to finally restore it after years of neglect.

change.org Here is the petition to sign it & save the Railway Hotel. 

I strongly recommend that everyone should click the link to sign the petition so that eventually, the Railway Hotel can one day be reopened to the public and that Historic England & Barnet Council would had finally done something to restore it instead of keeping it neglected. My friend Roger has cared deeply about the topic for years (& devoted his time on his blog for the cause that he have been campaigning for) & that he is running for Barnet Council seat in Edgware ward for council by election as Liberal Democrat candidate. If anyone who is living in Edgware, I would like to persuade you to give a vote to Roger Tichborne if you do happen to be living there (in Edgware). I seen two interviews (2019 and 2020) on the Barnet Eye blog with Roger interviewing Mark who also have campaigned to save the Railway Hotel for years. You can go and watch it on YouTube. 

youtube.com

youtube.com 

Lastly, I really do care about local topics when it comes to local issues apart from national politics. Local politics is important. Not just national topics and London/regional wide topics. One thing I know for sure is that, if you feel the need to do something in your community, go for it. 

That is how my blogger friend who talks about local topics in Barnet on his blog. The Barnet Eye.

I am doing this to spread the message out here on my blog. 

So that is all I have to say about the Railway Hotel pub. Please go sign the petition to save the pub that has been badly neglected for years. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage