Tuesday 3 August 2021

My experience of learning French

I want to tell you something about my experience of learning French. 🇫🇷

I first learnt the French language as part of school curriculum at my secondary school (high school) from year 7 to year 11. Year 11 was when I learnt another language: Spanish which I had always learnt about the French language for French lessons. 

Like Spanish, I first learn French, it was the basics and then the other words (that is not simply basic), vocabulary, pronunciation, sentence, grammar & the punctuation of the French language. Mostly, I know the basics of the French language & that I would communicate in French by saying the phrases easily. At least with Google translate & other sites & apps, it is much easier to translate into any language than just only using a phrasebook or dictionary.


In fact from my experience of learning the language. At first time, I originally didn’t really liked learning another language when I was in year 7 when myself & my fellow classmates were already started of learning French. At least gradually & suddenly, I changed my mind and to my surprise, I seen the benefits of language learning. Whether is French, Spanish, German or any language. So that is where that I didn’t see French lessons as “boring subject”.


French language is part of the romance language alongside Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Romanian. It is in top ten of the number of total speakers as French is ranked 7. As we know, it is spoken in 29 countries. France, Canada (especially French speaking province Quebec), Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Haiti and French speaking African countries. Even Lebanon since there are some countries that has the French speakers. 


This is the basics of the French language that I know of. Basically that I know are common French phrases.


Bonjour = Hello 


Salut = Hi 


Au Revoir = Goodbye 


Comment ca va = How Are You 


Je Suis = I am 


Tre Bien = Very well 


Bon Voyage = Have a nice trip 


Amie = Friend 


If it is a male friend, it is called “Ami”.


A plus tard = See you later 


Je t’amie = I love you 


Ne Me Quitte Pas = do not leave me


Monsieur = Mister/mr or sir. 


Madame = Madam/miss/ms 


Oui = Yes 


Non = No 


Merci = Thank you 


Merci beaucoup = Thanks a lot/thank you very much 


Je Vous En Prie = You are welcome


Bon Appetit = Enjoy your meal 


The list goes on. That is I can think of & all that I added was the ones that I was taught at my high school. Probably I may not recall that much of what I learned but I know it is easy for me to familiarise of what I have learned while being taught in French lessons as part of the school curriculum. ðŸ‡«ðŸ‡·


At the end of the day, it is all about being fluent in any Foreign language and that is a good thing of learning languages. Whether is in school, work or hobby out of interest. I also previously wrote a blog post about it. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com Knowing the language can be easy and hard.


Lastly, I watched some of films in French. 


I watched Kirikou and the Sorceress (Kirikou et la Sorciere). French animated film. 


Some of them that I watched, I couldn’t remember know the names of French films that I watched whist learning the French language at secondary school. 


mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 


Read my other blog post in French translation if you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage