Saturday 31 July 2021

My country music playlist

Howdy my readers. 

This is going to be a very interesting blog post because it will be my first time of including a music playlist on my blog. 

I am sure many of you do listen to different music genres so I thought I can create music playlist based on the music that I do enjoy listening to. 

Today’s playlist is country music. πŸ˜€πŸ™‚πŸ€ πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ

Oh yes. Country and western songs. I have selected tunes that are my favourites & the ones that I know. So let’s get to it. Yee haw!!! 

1. Kenny Rogers - Coward of the County



Howdy partner. We begin with this song.🀠

This song is one of the best country song. Coward of the County. It is quite storytelling. Young man named Tommy being advised by the father who passed away to turn the other cheek, saying he doesn’t have to fight to be a man. 

Kenny Roger’s narrating the lyrics is awesome. It is like a spoken rap except it is not spoken rap. So yeah, I know this song for very long time & I like Kenny Roger’s songs including this one. 

2. Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy 



“Like a Rhinestone Cowboy”. 

Another country song that I do know of. Even my mother & my siblings likes the tune of the classic hit song from the 70s. This song is both country and pop. So yeah, country pop song. It is very catching melody & it does feel that you are in America (particularly in Texas), listening to country songs like Rhinestone Cowboy. 

I recommend Glenn Campbell’s song to anyone who have not yet listen to one of the awesome country song. Believe me, it is so catchy. Rhinestone Cowboy. 

3. Jolly Parton - Jolene 


I bet you know this country melody. Jolene by Dolly Parton. I know this song very well.

“Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene”. Please do listen to it. Especially if you have not heard of this song before. 

Dolly Parton is brilliant country singer & legend. 

4. Nelly featuring Tim McGraw - Over and Over 



Country and rap. Combined into together. 

Nelly (rapper) and Tim McGraw (country singer). Over and over. The name of country rap song. I know this tune especially that it was released in the mid 2000s. Released in 2004 & became popular hit song in 2005. I really love the song. 

5. Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line



Ahh yes. Johnny Cash. I Walk The Line. What a tune. 🀠🎢🎡

6. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama



Sweet Home Alabama. Another awesome country song. Although it has the content of dark history about America regarding slavery and civil war. It sounds controversial while at the same time, it sounds quite catchy. Especially with the chorus “Sweet Home Alabama”.

So yeah, elements of country and rock. Country rock track. 

7. John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Road 



John Denver. Take Me Home, Country Road. 

Another awesome country song. This song is quite relaxing one. 

8. Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road 


Another country rap song. This one was a big hit song in 2019 in the last few years. Old Town Road & this guy became popular because of the song. 

9. Taylor Swift - Love Story 



This was before Taylor Swift made a switch to pop music and returning to her music roots with last year’s folk album. 

So yeah, this is one of Taylor Swift’s earlier songs & it is her 2008 hit song Love Story. Good song though. 

10. Willie Nelson - On The Road Again



On the road again. 🎢🎡🀠

This tune sounds like a journey song where you can listen to Willie Nelson song on the go by car or any vehicle. 

11. Kenny Roger - The Gambler 



“ You\"ve got to know when to hold \"em
Know when to fold \"em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run “

Another awesome Kenny Rogers song that I do enjoy listening to. 🀠🎢🎡

12. John Michael Montgomery - I Swear 



Did you know this song “I Swear” is the original version sung by John Michael Montgomery before the well known version by All 4 One? If you don’t know, now you know. I like the original version and I do prefer All 4 One version (R&B version) too. The original version is country and lesser known hit song which it only charted in North America (US & Canada) country charts. Other than that, it is still a great song. 

13. Dolly Parton - 9 to 5 



“Working 9 to 5, what a way to make a living”. 

The song about working on 9 to 5. Especially in this day and age (during the pandemic), it is not easy. Having a job like office job that is typically a 9 to 5 work. 

So yeah. Another one of amazing song sang by Dolly Parton. 

14. Toby Keith - Red Solo Cup 



Seriously!!! The song about red plastic cup. Red solo cup. The song about object. 

Not fan of this song but it can be catchy if you sing the chorus as if the cup itself is your friend. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€

15. Jason Alden - Dirt Road Anthem 



I remember listening to this song. Dating back to 2011. Even it wasn’t being released in the UK, at least this song is definitely a tune. Country tune. Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Alden. 

And finally. 

16. Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers - Islands in the Stream



This is definitely the classic country hit song. Sang by country music legends: Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. I really love the song Islands In The Stream. Song written by the Bee Gees. 

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah ha
From one lover to another, ah ha”
So that would be all. My first music playlist being included on my blog. Starting with Country music. There will be more of music playlist coming very soon. For now. It is a goodbye from me. Tune in next time for another song playlist on my blog. 🎡🎢🀠

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage