Friday 24 September 2021

Car Park Attendant? No thank you

I have something that I want to tell you guys. 

As you are already aware that I am currently job hunting and that I do hope my blog can possibly lead me to employment. 

Well last year in September. Two months before I created this blog (my blog Mr Limitless 95), I received the call from my work coach) from my local JobCentre in Hendon about the job vacancy. 

The job vacancy she told me is the job role of Car Park attendant. She said there are two shifts. One in the morning (6am to 9am) & another one in the afternoon (3pm to 6pm). The role is inspect things in the car park, etc. 

I said to her that I’ll call her back by Friday which two days later, I called her to decline the offer of job vacancy of car park attendant as I had thought about it. I said to the work coach from jobcentre saying kindly “thank you for the offer however I chose not to accept the job vacancy of car park attendant”. 

She understood and respected my decision (thank god, I was not sanctioned on my benefits. Although I will not disclose at the moment what benefit do I claim). I told her that my preferred work is remote working & offline/admin work & that she has my CV which I gave her in 2019. The last time I attended a Jobcentre in Hendon was two years ago. Before the coronavirus pandemic and series of lockdowns throughout the country the UK.

So yeah, I was not interested and I am still not interested of the job role of the car park attendant.

Why?

I was not feeling sure about the car park attendant. 

The role is confrontational & that it can be frustrating and brings stress.

It doesn’t match my ability of what I can & cannot do on terms of the job role. The job itself is not bad but the role itself can be stressful as well. So yeah, it doesn’t match my skills & my strength since it’s all about writing papers & leaving “yellow” plastic notice on cars while inspecting.

So the car park attendant/traffic warden job role is not for me. I am sorry but I have to be true to myself.

Plus she has my CV as I gave her last year so I don’t understand why she thinks that I can be good for the car park attendant role. Car park attendant (no way). Not for me. 

Can you imagine? DWP Jobcentre work coach suggesting a ridiculous offer for someone particularly those who is a benefit claimant to take the job that he/she may not enjoy? Like a traffic warden/car park attendant. That’s why I said before that work coaches are not career advisers, mentors or trainers. They are just there at Jobcentre, following the orders of managers, supervisors and bosses so that they would rather see benefit claimant fail to find work so that he/she can be sanctioned or his/her benefit which is very cruel and unnecessary. I even spoke about it on my previous blog post. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 

I also said before some work coaches can be helpful and some cannot be helpfuL. It depends. 

At least when I was at the college as an student, I trusted career advisers on the career path that I want to go & what decisions I will make based on my own choices. 

So yeah, I will never apply for any job that doesn’t match my abilities or anything that I may not be suitable. Car Park attendant? No thank you. 

At least I am earning money as an blogger based on advertisement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage