Friday 26 November 2021

Social Media scam & how I become victim of it

Today, I am not very happy. 

I want to tell you something so that you’ll understand clearly what I am about to say. It is regarding scam. Particularly here on social media platform. Facebook messenger. 

So that is today post going to be about. Social media scam. The “Is that you in the video” scam & how did I become victimised of the latest scam which is now my 6th time of being victim of fraud. In fact, I didn’t even plan to write a blog post about this but I feel I have to because like I said, I am not happy today of how it have happened.

And for safety reasons, I will not disclose anything that is confidential. Other than posting something that is proof of evidence of how it really happened with me being impersonated by fraudster. What kind of idiotic person does that? Something very awful like that? Well here are the details in below.

Here it goes

Today around 10:13am to 10:20am approximately, someone have been using my Facebook profile by impersonating me. Pretending to be me as if I had done something deliberately by sending this particular fake link. That “is that you in the video” link which is dodgy & not genuinely.

As of this moment, I am not in the good mood today 😠😡. I have found out four hours ago in the afternoon that someone have been hacking my social media account details (mainly on Facebook messenger). Impersonating me by using it to send the fake links to my contacts on Facebook. Every from my friends to some of my family member. Given I didn’t use Facebook app on my phone in the morning today.

I have been victim of scams and fraud 5 times before but never with that shady scam (“is that you in the video” scam) & identity theft that impersonates somebody (pretending to be someone that you know: Friend, family member) by sending the website link that aren’t genuine. A terrible way to be victimised of that scam. 

It’s bad enough I have been victim of scam and fraud 5 times (especially if you have been reading my blog for a long time about my experiences) but for me to found out that someone have hacked my details, stealing my identity to make as if I have sent the link (fake link) deliberately. It is very disgusting. I am very shocked, upset and angry about how of that it has transpired today. This is the worst of the worst. Me being victimised of identity theft online on Facebook messenger.

At least as the result of it, I have changed my Facebook password so that fraudster wouldn’t have my social media (mainly Facebook) details. While changing a password, I found an IP address showing someone (fraudster) using a Facebook app with Android. Well my phone is Apple IPhone so it is not android. 

Whoever hacked my Facebook messenger details by impersonating me & sending the fake links to my contacts (family and friends), should be ashamed of themselves. I will not be intimidated by hackers, scammers or any foolish person who is impersonator/imposter. Impersonating me so that I can be framed for the things that I did not do & losing the chances to communicate with anyone on Messenger. It is not acceptable & that is something I will not tolerate such an awful & dodgy behaviour. 

Also, I want to give you a heads up. 

Next time when you received a text message on Facebook messenger with dodgy link that is not genuine from any person (unknowingly whether fraudster have been impersonating someone to send that message). Don’t click the link. 

I know that I would never any fraudulent dodgy link that is fake because I know myself & that I would never do anything stupid like that.

Lastly, I want to say to anyone who have received the unusual text with “is that you in the video” from me. I want to say that I am sorry. I am so deeply sorry about it. 😞 When it comes to scams like this, I just simply ignore it & not clicking the fake link that would result in data breach & identity theft. 

I even have to remove some messages of some of my friends in my own personal life before some of them would notice it and those who have seen it, that’s where I want to express my apology about the fake link (“is that you in the video” scam) with me being impersonated by lowlife imbecile. I even tried to message some of them (my friends) & I find that my message have been blocked. At least I didn’t lose friends on my Facebook friend list on Facebook.

So that is all I want to say about this matter. I am thinking of reporting about what has happened today. 

I hope this can clear up any misunderstanding. 

Take care and stay safe online everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage