Friday 16 April 2021

My endorsement for 2021 London elections

Next couple of weeks, there will be local elections in England, Wales and Scotland. 

It will be first time for awhile since we since last voted in 2016 previous local elections (particularly here in London for mayoral election & assembly election) and that the last election that we voted was 2019 nationwide general election just before Brexit & the coronavirus pandemic had occurred in the first months of last year 2020. 

So let me start by giving my support for upcoming local elections here in London only. The rest I’ll do a blog post for another time about other elections taking outside London in Wales & Scotland.

2021 London Assembly election

In 2016, London assembly election was my first. At the time, I voted for Labour candidate Andrew Dismore when he was Labour AM (short for Assembly member for Barnet & Camden. I also voted for Mr Dismore as well in 2015 general election nationwide for Hendon parliamentary constituency) so my vote for Labour will remain the same as I will cast my vote to Anne Clarke. Barnet and Camden (London constituency) have been Labour for 9 years (nearly 10 years) so that there should remain a case. 

Overall, there are 12 Labour Assembly Members in the London Assembly so I hope that can continue to be Labour being the biggest party as Londoners will go to the polls in next three weeks.

That brings me to the next paragraph. 

2021 London Mayoral Election

Opinion polls shows that the current Mayor of London Sadiq Khan is highly certain that he will win his re election for second term. 

My vote will be same as it was in 2016. This time, it will be other way round (given I know Sadiq Khan is likely to win a second term as London mayor). 2016 as I voted for first preference Labour (Khan) & second preference Green (Berry). 2021: First Preference. Green and second preference. Labour. In other words, I will vote for Sian Berry for first preference & Sadiq Khan for second preference. 

That means my vote will go to Sian Berry first and Sadiq Khan second. As I did voted for Khan (first) & Berry (second). This will my be second mayoral election to participate. 

As for Shaun Bailey, he doesn’t have any chances to win the London Mayoral election. He doesn’t have a great policies & that he is unpopular. 

Even there are some people who aren’t impressed with Sadiq Khan as the mayor on some topics like knife crime & other political topics. For me, Shaun Bailey is no better (he was an adviser to David Cameron & that youth centres were closed when Cameron was the PM & when Boris Johnson was the Mayor of London) so I will give a vote for Sadiq Khan again. I have been Labour voter & supporter since 2014 so London mayor will remain Labour.

So there are two London elections that I will participate to vote. 

Lastly, I want to tell you something about by council election in Barnet Council ward of Edgware.

Edgware and the Railway Hotel Pub


In my previous blog post about the Railway Hotel pub in Edgware, I talked about it & that everyone who lives in Edgware, should give a vote to my blogger friend Roger Tichborne who is running as Liberal Democrat candidate for a seat for Barnet Council. So for that, I hereby endorse my support to Roger even I do not live in Edgware. If I had lived there, I would give my vote to him. 

change.org Currently, Mark Armies’s petition stands at 620 signatures. It really needs to reach 1000 signatures so that can gain more attention regarding about the neglected pub in Edgware. I had already signed the petition. If you haven’t signed the petition yet, then please click the link. Also if you are not aware of the Railway Hotel story in Edgware then please click the link to my blog post above. 

So that is all I can say about local elections which are scheduled on 7th May 2021. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage