Friday 6 August 2021

NHS Data Grab Update: I have opted out

Hi everybody 

Before I talked about today’s blog post, if you are not aware about the government’s plans (which is very awful) to sell off personal/confidential information to third parties, read my two previous posts. 

The links are in the description. Thank you. 

mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 

mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 

Now today’s blog post. 

Last week I completed the opt out form. 

I completed the forms because I know selling off confidential and personal information such as GP medical information to third parties (who are private firms) is never good. 


Personal information should never be sold for marketing purposes. Never. 


When it comes to data sharing, GP medical information always have been used for research about the patient & the medical history of the patient. Including the medical data that is useful for planning services. 


For the government to all sudden of announce that they’ll be selling every patient’s GP medical history to the NHS Central database (NHS Digital) to be used by Palantir, there is where privacy concerns comes to play. It would be open to identity theft, data breach & hacking. 


So that is why I made a decision today to drop off at my local GP to make a declaration that I strongly oppose to the NHS Data Grab. I say no to having my GP medical records to be grabbed & sold by the govt to third parties and private firms. 


At least now there is couple of weeks left until the deadline is the start of next month. 1st September. The original deadline was 1st July which had been extended to the end of the month. This month August. 


So if you are living in England & that you are horrified to find out that the government wants to sell your medical records to third parties and private firms for marketing purposes (not for research or anything data sharing purposes. Other than to endanger you), then I highly recommend that you download the opt out form so that you can be free by saving yourself from letting your medical information to be sold off to private firms who are third parties. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage