Monday 30 August 2021

Songs of Summertime playlist

Hello Everybody

How are you doing today? I trust that you are well & that you are enjoying yourself in Bank Holiday Monday (especially if you are in the UK). 

In today’s blog post, I will include the songs that are summer tunes. Plus I think I am late to the party (sorry about that) as we are in the summer time (late summer as it will be over). I wish that I could had published weeks ago or around July or in June. Anyways, it does not matter. πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ˜€πŸ™‚

So here are the songs of the summer. Enjoy my summer song playlist. Whether you are eating a ice cream, going to the beach or even a festival (as you stay safe because you know, Covid measures like wearing mask, etc. Especially at the time of the writing).

1. Summer time - DJ Jazzey Jeff & the Fresh Prince. 


Summer, summer, summertime. Time to sit back and unwind. Will Smith in his early days as an rapper & his time as the “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” TV show. 🎡🎢 If you have not heard this tune before, I highly recommend you go and listen to it. You’ll love it. πŸ‰☀️⛱πŸ•Ά

2. In the Sunmertime - both versions (Mungo Jerry - Original & reggae cover by Shaggy). 


In the summertime, when the weather is hot

You can stretch right up and touch the sky” 

Both versions are good. For me, I like Shaggy version of the song in the summertime. 

3. Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl


 Peter Andre (UK celebrity) was a singer? I know the song for very long time. The song itself is so catchy & that it has the summer melody & reggae. πŸ˜€πŸ™‚πŸ‡―πŸ‡²

4. Summertime Blues - The Who & Eddie Cochran



There are plenty of the versions of the same song. For instance, originally sung by Eddie Cochran. So for me, I chose the Who version of summertime blues. I hope you & any of my readers will not have summertime blues. πŸ˜€πŸ™‚πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ‰⛱🎸

5. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar


Song of the last summer. Summer of 2020 despite it was not normal summer because of the pandemic. This year’s one is normality and recovery. I bet many of you will know the song “Watermelon Sugar” by Harry Styles. Ex member of One Direction. 

6. TLC - Waterfalls 


90s summer tune and one of the best song. Waterfalls by TLC. 

7. The Surfaris - Wipe Out 


60s guitar riff and summer tune. Goes into together. The perfect song tune especially if you are going to the seaside (the beach). 

8. Madonna - Holiday


”Holiday, celebrate”. One of the best Madonna songs that you can listen in the summertime. 

9. Summer Breeze - Seals & Croft & The Isley Brothers (both versions). 



I like both versions. The original (Seals & Croft) & cover (Isley Brothers). For me, if I were to choose, it will be the Isley Brothers version of summer breeze. Summer can really be breezy. ⛱☀️πŸ‰

10. Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers - Get Lucky 


“We got all night to get lucky”. Daft Punk. Big hit song of the summer as it was released in 2013.

11. Calvin Harris - Summer 


“When I met you in the summer”. Summery dancy dance pop hit song by Calvin Harris. Released in 2014. By now, you should had known the tune. For me, I do. πŸ˜€πŸ™‚πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ•Ά☀️⛱πŸ‰

12. Dizzee Rascal - Holiday 


2009 summer hit song by rapper Dizzee Rascal. Very catchy song. 

13. Simple Plan featuring Sean Paul - Summer Paradise 


Take me back to summer paradise. Knowing Simple Plan & Sean Paul are invited for the party. In all seriousness, this is really one of the good summer tracks. A feel good summer song. πŸ˜€πŸ™‚πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆ⛱🎸

14. Arrow - Hot, Hot, Hot


Feeling hot, hot, hot in the summer time? Try drink some water to stay dehydrated while enjoying listening to the tunes of summer. 

15. Percy Faith - Theme from a summer place 


My mother likes this song so much as she keeps playing the song over and over again. I thought that I’ll include on my list of songs of summer playlist. I even know this song for years now. πŸ˜€πŸ™‚⛱🎡☀️

16. Weezer - Islands in the Sun

”When you’re on a holiday”. First verse that starts the singing. Anyhoo, it is awesome pop rock summer song by Weezer. 


17. Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 

Sunmer of 69. What a tune by Bryan Adams. One of his best songs ever. Especially when there is a summer season, summer of 69 can be good. 


18. Barry Manilow - Copacabana 

“At the copa. Copacabana”. Copacabana would be the beach in Brazil. Anyway enjoy the song by Barry Manilow. Especially if you have not heard before. It is of the awesome hit songs from the 70s. 


19. Bob Marley vs Funkstar Deluxe - Sun is shining. 

Dance remix of original Bob Marley’s song “Sun is Shining. Impressive. πŸ‘


And finally, final song on my songs of summer music playlist is track 20. 🎢⛱πŸ‰πŸ˜€πŸ™‚

20. The Ventures - Hawaii Five 0 theme


Great theme song. Especially that I am fan of Hawaii Five 0 (TV show). Ahoa from Hawaii (actually I am not in Hawaii. I wish I am in Hawaii). πŸ˜€πŸ™‚πŸŒΊ⛱πŸ‰

So that is the end of 20 summer songs selected by me to be included as music playlist on my own blog. Do you have your own summer song playlist? If yes, leave me in the comment section. Other than that, happy summer & enjoy your day (including bank holiday Monday). Perhaps next summer, I could try make another summer song playlist on my blog by updating it. 

Anyways, enjoy the summer. πŸ˜€πŸ™‚⛱πŸ‰πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŒΊ

No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage