Wednesday 8 September 2021

Tips to stay safe from all type of scams

Hello everybody 

Seven months ago, I recall talking about my own experience of being victimised of scam and fraud 5 times. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com  

As I am prepared to have a court date 5 months from now regarding my legal challenge against Travel Unravel & Barclays - Two defendants, a friend of mine who is an blogger (Roger Tichborne of the Barnet Eye) recently published his blog about Tips for avoiding telephone or internet scammers on Monday. 

Well I have to say that although it is an interesting blog piece, I am gladly thankful that I didn’t experience telephone scam or internet scam. Except one in my February blog post as I said it didn’t really affected me. Other than my own mother for HMRC scam. Read more on my blog in the list 3. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 

Also if you have not been following my legal challenge situation, the links are below in the description. Many thanks. 

Previous blog posts 








Tips to stay safe from all type of scams

Based on my experience of being victim of fraud and scam, with good tips from my friend Roger on his blog post being published on Monday (two days ago. The day before yesterday), here are my own tips to stay safe from all forms of scams. barneteye.blogspot.com 

Tip 1. Computer/tech support scam 


mrlimitless95.blogspot.com I previously talked about my three tips in my March 2021 blog post & not falling for computer/tech support scam or any telephone scam. So it is worth reminder that if you received a call on your phone or telephone from fraudulent scammer claiming to be from IT/ICT tech support team of any company like Microsoft & that they say that there is something wrong with your computer, or that the scammer claims to be from HMRC (or any tax revenue depending which country you live in, claiming you have not pay taxes) or any organisation/company, my advice is do not believe the word of it. 


Just don’t believe what the scammer say. They got nothing (no sufficient evidence to back it up) other than deceiving an potential innocent victim into the devastating situation. 


When the fraudulent person who is an fraudster scammer call you, understand that the person (him or her) is not genuine & that his/her phone number is a phone that person who had been called would struggle to call him/her in a response. Spoofing a caller ID especially in this day and age is really problematic including when scammer took advantage of the organisations like Norton & Microsoft. Also tax revenues like UK HMRC or any company by trying to tarnish the reputation of the companies and to give them a bad name. We see that during the coronavirus pandemic & before that. Scammer can even claim to be someone different which we know that we people have to make sure that we do not fall for it. It can be frightening and intimidating but it is worthy knowing that you do not have to become victim of the horrible scam. 


Tip 2. Booking for flight ticket & taxicab 


I am sure many of you my readers know already about my situation with Travel Unravel which I became victim of scam and fraud. Flight ticket that was never issued & that it was for my dad’s friend who turned out to be an awful friend & who did bothered my father to come to the UK from Nigeria in awfully bad time when the country (United Kingdom) just entered the third nationwide Covid lockdown. 


You may remember when I talked about my experience of fraud and scam in my February 2021 blog post that in summer of 2019, I became victimised of taxi scam in Paris, France. See in the list 2. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 


For those who aren’t aware, long story short: the guy (taxi driver) approached me at the station, asked me if I wanted a ride. Given I was going for Uber, I said yes. Next thing, I was conned and victimised by the scammy rogue taxi driver. Fare price was ridiculously €75 (£70). 


My advice to you: When it comes to booking a flight ticket whether is for yourself or someone, make sure that the website you are booking from is legitimate website. I am talking of legit and reliable website (travel booking websites like last minute.com, and airline websites). Because if you went on the website that is airline website or travel booking websites that is not legitimately reliable & doesn’t issue flight tickets (example Travel Unravel Private Holidays), you’ll end up being victim of scam by the potential fraudulent travel agency company or any website. So check before you do purchase the flight ticket online. 


On taxi cabs, whether is in London, Paris, Barcelona, New York, Tokyo or any city in the world, make sure you booked for a taxi cab that is not going to rip you off with rip off fare prices that is not genuinely normal price. It is about the destination & how long will journey take (length of time = duration). Example: if I want to go Camden Town & that I am coming from Barnet with taxi cab, I would want to be sure that the fare price is reasonable. Reasonably normal price because nowadays, people would book the hail and ride apps like Uber instead of the expansive black cabs in London for a cheap fare & I occasionally use the hail and ride apps (the likes of Uber, Free Now formerly Kapten, Bolt and Ola). Not ordinary cabs like black cabs. 


So my recommendation is use any reliable cab that is not going to rip you off, look for reasonable & cheap fare & use ride and hail app like Uber (if you want to). Never allow any potential rogue taxi driver to take the advantage of you even if he/she asks you with question whether you want to go on the ride or not. You make your own decision accordingly & not have to fall for any potential taxi scam. 


And if you are not going to use a hail and ride app (the likes of Uber), make sure that the taxi driver & the cab has the taxi meter so that you know to pay for the fare price (as long it is not expensive).


Tip 3. Internet scam and clickbait  


Another advice that I am giving you is internet scam and click bait advertisement. 


See in the list 4. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 


When it comes to clickbait and any internet advertisement (especially pop up) who can be false potentially, don’t believe what you see on the internet. In fact, don’t click anything that may looks interesting and then, it happens to you awfully with the terrible internet scam by deceiving you. It’s a trick. It happened to me once earlier this year & I know that I will never let it happen to me again. 


Tip 4. Keeping your money safe online and offline


See in the list 1. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 


Always change a password and keep it secure. It is very vital that your personal details (including your card details) is safe so it won’t have to be ended up in the wrong hands of scammers and fraudsters. Especially when you buy things online on sites like eBay and Amazon. Things can happen. Even if you never added your card details on any website accounts and that you don’t buy things on the net often or that you happened to never buy it online. It’ll result into data breach, identity theft  & hacking. 


It only happened to me in 2019 once when two idiots figured out my card details (account number, card number and sort code). I still don’t get why were two fraudulent transactions which I never purchased. American gun website and Hong Hong/Dutch game website. Luckily, I was refunded. Good for my bank Barclays when they called me on the phone about it.


Also never post your bank card (debit card or credit card) details online (particularly on social media sites & Internet forums). It is risky so don’t even think about it. It is for your own good and your safety. You don’t want anything unusual & unrecognised transaction that you never purchased to appear on your bank statement or your transaction list on your bank mobile app. So stay safe and protect your money online and offline. 


And finally. 


Tip 5. Be fraud smart. 


Take it from me (the person who have been victimised of fraud and scam on 5 occasions). It is never a good feeling to be humiliatingly taken advantage by criminals & fraudulent scammers who does not have shame of victimising innocent people to be victims of any sort of scam and fraud. 


Since you know that I have been victimised of scam and fraud 5 times. few months ago, I have blocked one foolish person (which I have not met him in person despite of my Facebook friends are friends with him) for trying to con me by into apply for this scam which I have not heard of until July 2 months ago. Economy Help Fund. “Economy Help Fund” does not exist. It is a scam. I don’t know why the guy had wanting me to be his friend & telling me all of bulls**t about “economy help fund” scam. Unless if he knew me (which I know I haven’t met him in person before) then he would been careful before asking me such a crap or making attempt to con me. That is unacceptable. No wonder he doesn’t seem to understand “economy help fund” scam is really a scam. I have no issues with him being self employed all but to ask me by conning me which he has no idea that I have been victim of scam and fraud, he should really be ashamed of not thinking carefully. I don’t have time for any of bulls**t (economy help fund) or anything that can be fraudulent potentially. I also have no time for anyone who tries to persuade me to go into cryptocurrency trading which I do not have a interest & will never have a interest. I spoke more about it in May 2021 blog post if you want to read more about it. Where I said that online trading is another form of gambling. mrlimitless95.blogspot.com 


I am glad that I researched about it. Nothing say economy help fund except that it is really fraudulent. Very dodgy. I even wonder how does the guy (that I blocked him) is able to make money of something that is fraudulent. Anyways I do not have time for that. It\"s same that I do not have time for any person trying to persuade me to go into trading (stock market trading) with cryptocurrency & all that.


So that is all of my tips of how to stay safe from all forms of scams. I hope I have given you an advice so that you know that you won’t fall for any type of scam in order to be fraud smart. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

the rise of BRICS in the world stage